Naturepedic Classic Organic Cotton Crib Mattress
The Naturepedic Classic Organic Baby Crib Mattress features organic cotton fabric & filling as part of a healthier, non-toxic design plus a patented food-grade waterproof surface made from non-GMO sugarcane that easily wipes clean. Our innovative construction also passes all federal and state flammability standards without any fire retardant chemicals or flame barriers whatsoever. In addition to using certified organic components, the entire crib mattress is certified organic and non-toxic as well. Choose an innerspring for a traditional support option or our patented lightweight core which matches the strength and durability of an innerspring but without the added weight. With the Naturepedic Classic Organic Baby Crib Mattress, your baby will be sleeping on a firm, healthy certified organic mattress that's fully waterproof for a truly hygienic sleep environment.
A healthier alternative to synthetic fabrics and foams, Naturepedic uses the purest form of organic cotton grown and certified in the U.S. and purchased directly from USDA-certified sources.
The mattress features an easy-to-clean organic cotton fabric with a patented LDPE waterproof coating so pure it actually meets food contact standards (made from non-GMO sugarcane without any glues or adhesives)!
PLA is a high-performance synthetic fiber made from non-GMO sugarcane that adds resiliency and unique performance characteristics. Free from harmful chemicals, this material is featured on the toddler side.
Naturepedic’s patented wavesupport™ core is strong yet lightweight, making it easy to lift the mattress and change the bedding.
Our 2-stage dual firmness option provides a firmer side for infants and a medium-firm side for growing toddlers. Switching over is as easy as flipping the mattress.
The Organic Cotton Classic follows CPSC and pediatrician recommendations for firm support and a snug fit. It also features reinforced edges for toddlers.
Our heat-sealed, waterproof seams prevent liquids from seeping in along the sides. Wipes clean all the way to the edge!
- Dimensions: Approximately 27 1/4" x 51 5/8" x 6". Fits standard size cribs and toddler beds.
- No vinyl, phthalates, PFCs, etc-Say goodbye to vinyl/PVC, phthalates, perfluorinated compounds (PFCs), biocides, and other questionable chemicals commonly found in crib mattresses. Naturepedic is 100% committed to chemical safety - and honesty!
- No polyurethane foam-Polyurethane foam, including memory foam and all its variants, can be found in nearly all conventional mattresses. It's made primarily from petroleum and other chemicals and is highly flammable. At Naturepedic, we've completely eliminated this material from all our products.
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.-Naturepedic is proud to offer the very best organic mattresses—made right here in the U.S.A. We use a combination of domestic and imported fabric and components when crafting our mattresses.
- Classic Crib Mattress Model Number MC24
- 2-Stage Crib Mattress Model Number MC34
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC + NON-TOXIC:Not only are the materials and factory certified, but the entire finished product is certified as well.
- GOTS CERTIFIED: All Naturepedic mattresses meet the organic and non-toxic standards of the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), a consumer goods certification recognized by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- MADE-SAFE CERTIFIED:Naturepedic mattresses have been scrutinized by experts to ensure they do not contain harmful ingredients or release vapors, gases, or by-products that could impact human health.
- UL/GREENGUARD CERTIFIED:Naturepedic mattresses have been tested and certified by UL/GREENGUARD laboratories for low chemical emissions. They are additionally certified as formaldehyde-free.
- Free from harmful chemicals: No vinyl/PVC, phthalates, antimony, brominated or chlorinated fire retardants, Polyacrylonitrile (PAN), boric acid, polyurethane foam (including soybean foam), PFCs or antibacterial/biocide treatments.
- No Flame Retardant Chemicals - Naturepedic passes all Federal and State flammability standards without the use of any fire retardant chemicals or flame retardant barriers. This is achieved through superior product design, the use of more natural materials like organic cotton fabric, organic cotton batting, and plant-based non-GMO PLA batting.
- No polyurethane foam.
- Naturepedic uses only US grown & certified organic cotton as filling for its mattresses and buys directly from USDA-certified sources. This increases purity, organic reliability, and support for US farmers.
- Naturepedic is a family-owned business located in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. Workers are skilled Amish craftsmen who take pride in their work, paying special attention to every detail to ensure long-lasting durability.
- All Naturepedic mattresses meet the organic and nontoxic standards of the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and/or the Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS).
- The Organic Exchange Certification Program ensures proper tracking of organic material from its source to the finished product. Naturepedic is certified to meet this standard, demonstrating that the organic fiber has been independently verified.
- All Naturepedic products have been validated by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Environment Certification Program to meet the UL formaldehyde-free standard.
- Rainforest Alliance has certified Naturepedic for Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) Chain of Custody of natural latex that meets FSC standards.
- An organic mattress is the most important organic item you can buy for your child, because they are free of harsh chemicals that can be inhaled by your little one. When looking for a mattress you should make sure that it is not made with polyurethane foam and that it is free of harmful fire retardants and PVC. For more information, check out our Healthy Baby Guide to Mattresses, and our article on How to Choose an Organic Mattress.