Meet Suzanne. She’s on a crusade to make it easier for parents to create a healthy, beautiful home for their children.
Previously a Senior Equity Research Analyst in the Green Living Consumer Sector at ThinkEquity, a San Francisco-based investment bank, Suzanne spent several years studying organic products and the impact of toxic chemicals on our bodies. Thinking about starting a family in the midst of this research was, to say the least, quite intimidating. She realized that there was no one place to shop that carried all-natural baby products and employed knowledgeable salespeople. In 2009, Suzanne founded Sprout.
Sprout has every you need to make your home safe, healthy, and adorable for a new baby—all under one roof. Everything is individually stamped with Suzanne’s seal of approval.
Everyday Suzanne is inspired by her daughters, Hannah and Amber, to keep up-to-date on child safety and chemical research, making it easy for new parents to provide healthy environments for all of their children.
Suzanne has an MBA from Columbia Business School and is Vice Chairman of the board of the Children’s Environmental Health Center (CEHC).
(Photo credit: Bruce Forrester Photo)
Articles by Suzanne:
- What is polyurethane foam? It’s in most of my stuff!
- What we can learn from the FDA’s new ban on Triclosan
- Why I Don’t Pack Lunch in Plastic
- My Month Without Plastic
- Our Take on Honest Company’s Laundry Detergent & SLS
- From the Heart: Healthy Eating, like Peter Rabbit
- Natural Solutions to Dry Winter Skin
- Throw Out Your Old Plastic Toys!
- Should We Use Silicone to Feed Our Children?
- Why BPA-Free Products Aren’t Any Better
- Buying Safe School Supplies
- How to Pack a Healthy & Waste-Free Lunch
- How One Mom of School-Aged Children Became a Cleaning Product Convert
- What’s so Bad About GMOs? Hint: it’s the Herbicides…
- Why We No Longer Carry Sophie the Giraffe
- What Do I Really Need to Come Home from the Hospital?
- Which Car Seats We Still Carry & Why
- School Lunch Ideas
- Information is Scary, but Don’t Run! Just Do What You Can.
- I am Pregnant! Now What Should I Change?
- Scientists Link Prenatal Pesticide Exposure to Autism
- These Chemicals Are Making Us Fat
- Our Secret Club: Learn What We Know Now
- Flame Retardant Chemicals: What We’ve Learned
- Zinc Oxide: Is This Something We Should Worry About?
- Stealth Chemicals: A Talk by Dr. Shanna Swan of the Children’s Environmental Health Center
- Cosmetics & Kids - Advice from a Cosmetics Industry Expert
- Cell Phone Safety
- What I Love: The Conflicting Loves of an Entrepreneur Mom
- How I Learned to Take Time for Training & Win My Children’s Cooperation
- What’s Different in Denmark
- Is Your Natural Personal Care Safe?
- Literacy in the First Five Years
- Play-Based Preschools (and Finding a Fit for Your Child)
- Allergies: Why Are They So Much More Prevalent & Dangerous These Days?
- Picking a Preschool - And Trying to Get In…
- Our Five Favorite Books - A Sprout Reading List
- Birthday Gifts for One-, Two-, or Three-Year-Olds
- Gifts for a Newborn (or Soon-to-Be-Born)
- Traveling with a Toddler - Cross Country by Plane
- Healthy Food Travel Tips for Kids
- How to Choose a Mattress
- Choosing a Multi-Vitamin for Your Child
- Sprout Nutrition: Picky Eaters
- The Case for Organic Meat
- The Question of Lavender
- Sleep Tips from Renowned Sleep Expert, Vivian Sonnenberg
- Daughters of DES: A Cautionary Tale
- Common Myths of Pregnancy
- Taking Care of Your Child’s Teeth
- A Day Without Plastics
- Children’s Product Safety - Thoughts from Naturepedic
- Sprout Organic Challenge: Our Experience
- A Thanksgiving Recipe for Your Little One
- What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag
- Finding the Perfect Nanny
- Interview with a Dad Close to Sprout’s Heart
- Touring the Green Toys Factory
- How to Find a Safer Sunscreen
- The Truth About Upholstered Furniture
- Lovies & Blankets: Keep it Natural & Soft
- There’s BPA in that Receipt Paper
- Keep Harmful Chemicals Out of Children’s Products
- Moxi Eco Salon Q&A
- Our Stolen Future
- Does Organic Food Really Matter for My Kids?
- Baby’s Tub is Still Toxic
- Art Supplies: How to Keep Creativity Safe
- Investigative Journalist M. Schapiro on Environmental Toxins and US Citizens
- Breastfeeding Q&A
- Disney Clothing: Not So Cute After All
- Protect Your Family from Flame Retardants
- Sign Language for Your Little One
- BPA: Not Just in Baby Bottles
- Nail Polish & the Brazilian Blowout: Are Either Okay?