Clek Foonf Mammoth (Merino wool + TENCEL® Blend)
The mother of all car seats
Foonf is the mother of all car seats, designed for both revolutionary forward-facing safety performance and extended rear-facing use allowing for most kids to remain rear-facing until their fourth birthday. With the NEW Merino wool + TENCEL® Blend.
Foonf is the mother of all car seats, designed for both revolutionary forward-facing safety performance and extended rear-facing use allowing for most kids to remain rear-facing until their fourth birthday. Engineered to protect, it comes fully loaded with Clek’s most advanced safety features, including the patented REACT energy management system, a steel anti-rebound bar, rigid-LATCH for an effortlessly secure installation, and advanced side-impact protection, with deep side wings, energy-absorbing foam layers and an adjustable structural headrest. Plus, at less than 17 inches wide, Foonf’s narrow design makes it easy to ride 3-across.
Providing the best protection isn't just about offering leading-edge safety features. It's about doing everything to ensure the well-being of kids riding in Clek car seats. The Mammoth Collection is OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certified and features an environmentally-friendly blend of sustainably-sourced, biodegradable Merino wool + TENCEL® that offers improved durability and is free of any added flame retardants.
- Age: rear-facing 14 - 50 lbs, 25" - 43" front-facing 20 - 65 lbs, 30" - 49"
- Made of 100% merino wool, with a steel and magnesium sub-structure.
- Rear-Facing Use: 14-50 lbs & 25"-43", (use with Clek's Infant Thingy, sold separately, for babies starting at 5 lbs & 19").
- Forward-Facing Use: 22-65 lbs & 30"-49".
- The narrow overall width makes 3-across seating possible.
- Designed for extended rear-facing use—up to 50 lbs & 43" height.
- Structural Headrest: The energy-absorbing foam-lined headrest with deep side wings is connected to frame using steel rods provides maximum head protection in a side-impact collision.
- Energy-absorbing foam layers on both the inside and outside of the frame protect your child by absorbing energy in a side-impact collision, resulting in less force directly upon your child.
- Rigid Sub-Structure: Reinforced by a steel and magnesium sub-structure.
- Anti-Rebound Bar (Rear-Facing): Improves stability by limiting rotation of the child seat, helping protect your child’s head from impact in the case of a collision.
- The REACT™ Safety System has an aluminum honeycomb crumple zone that absorbs energy and protects your child much like the crumple zones in cars—one of the most effective innovations in automotive safety.
- Rigid-LATCH makes proper Forward-Facing installation effortless.
- Rear-facing installation is improved with an easy-access belt path, small footprint, and Anti-Rebound Bar that provide a snug installation with ease.
- Rear-facing base is detachable.
- Smooth Recline: Features an easy-to-engage, smooth recline function, making each ride more comfortable.
- Crypton® Super Fabrics are GREENGUARD Select Certified and provide permanent protection against stains, moisture and odor-causing bacteria.
- Approved for use in aircraft.
- Clek products are fully recyclable! Click here for recycling instructions on Clek's website.
- The AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) advises parents to keep their toddlers in rear-facing car seats until age 2, or until they reach the maximum height and weight for their seat.
- For safety concerns, Car Seats are not eligible for return unless unused and the original packaging is unopened.
- Orders cannot be canceled or rerouted once placed.
- Manufactured in Canada.
- No flame retardants.
- The Mammoth fabric is 100% wool. Wool is a natural flame retardant, so the foam (different from that used on the crypton fabric car seats) does not contain any flame retardant chemicals.
- Clek uses the term "no added flame retardants" to describe the Mammoth seat because it believes that it can never be 100% sure what will be found from the environment or from cross contamination if it's seats are tested by a new party. The lab testing from a prominent U.S. lab that Clek conducts, shows that all of the major components of its Mammoth seat test free of flame retardant chemicals.